An MV for Okada Masaki’s 30th birthday



遅ればせながら、岡田将生のお誕生日のMVを作りました。お見てくださってありがといございます!

I understand it might be considered late to make an MV to celebrate Okada Masaki’s 30th birthday, and I have made two posts already in relation to his birthday (one is about the Bracken Moor review and the other is about my recollection on being there for his birthday – though he doesn’t know I was there). But, one only has one chance of being 30, and since this is Masaki, I thought it’s better late than never.

Hence this MV. It’s using one of my most favourite Japanese songs Hanamizuki, sung beautifully by Taiwanese-Japanese Yō Hitoto (who also penned the lyrics). Music by Mashiko Tatsurō and piano by Takebe Satoshi. I sourced the music from this YouTube video and I modified the translation also based on that video. I actually heard this song again after years of absence when I was having dinner with Benio-san after watching the soiree during Masaki's birthday, hence the nostalgia.



I’d like to acknowledge the many photographers who took the gorgeous photos I’m using in the MV. Since it’s difficult to track down all the photographers, to date I can only identify and acknowledge Suzuki Kumiko, Nahoko Suzuki, Minamoto Katsumi, Tomita Nozomi, Yoshimichi Saiki, Ikeda Masahiro, Yoshinaga Kazuhisa, Nakagome Ryo and SUGI.

The 'Hanamizuki' song, by the way, is the OST for ‘Hanamizuki’, a 2010 romantic movie starring Aragaki Yui and Ikuta Toma. Love the movie too, by the way.

The following is the ‘Hanamizuki’ lyrics, again modified from this YouTube video.


Hanamizuki

Singer & lyrics: Yō Hitoto 
Music: Mashiko Tatsurō 


空を押し上げて
Pushing up to the sky
Sora wo oshiagete


手を伸ばす君 五月のこと
You reach out your hands in May
Te wo nobasu kimi Gogatsu no koto

どうか来てほしい
I’d like you to come
Douka kite hoshii


水際まで来てほしい
I’d like you to come to the edge of the water
Mizugiwa made kite hoshii

つぼみをあげよう
I’ll give you a bud
Tsubomi wo ageyō

庭のハナミズキ
From a dogwood tree in the garden
Niwa no hanamizuki

Reff:

薄紅色の可愛い君のね
The blushing you is so cute
Usubeni iro no kawaii kimi no ne


果てない夢がちゃんと
May the endless dream properly
Hatenai yume ga chanto

終わりますように
Ends
Owarimasu you ni

君と好きな人が
May you and your beloved
Kimi to suki na hito ga

百年続きますように
Last for 100 years
Hyakunen tsuzukimasu you ni




夏は暑過ぎて
The summer is too hot
Natsu wa atsusugite


僕から気持ちは重すぎて
And my feelings are too intense
Boku kara kimochi wa omosugite


一緒に渡るには
Should we sail out together
Issho ni wataru ni wa


きっと船が沈んじゃう
The ship would surely sink
Kitto fune ga shizunjau

どうぞゆきなさい
Thus, do go ahead
Douzo yukinasai

お先にゆきなさい
Go ahead without me
Osaki ni yukinasai


Reff:

僕の我慢がいつか実を結び
One day my patience will bear fruit
Boku no gaman ga itsuka mi wo musubi


果てない波がちゃんと
May the endless waves properly
Hatenai nami ga chanto

止まりますように
cease
Tomarimasu you ni


君と好きな人が
May you and your beloved
Kimi to suki na hito ga

百年続きますように
Last for 100 years
Hyakunen tsuzukimasu you ni




ひらり蝶々を追いかけて白い帆を揚げて
Follow the fluttering butterflies and hoist a white sail
Hirari chouchou wo Oikakete shiroi ho wo agete

母の日になれば
Comes Mother’s Day
Haha no hi ni nareba

ミズキの葉、贈って下さい
Please give me a dogwood leaf
Mizuki no ha, okutte kudasai

待たなくてもいいよ
You don’t have to wait
Matanakutemo ii yo

知らなくてもいいよ…
You don’t have to know either
Shiranakutemo ii yo

Popular posts in the last 30 days

Taira no Kiyomori ep 41: Yoritomo started to trust Masako

Review of Yoshikawa Eiji ‘s ‘Minamoto no Yoritomo’, Book One

'Haru comes down from the second floor' (Gravity’s Clowns commentary)