The July 2019 Entertainment Station interview for Bracken Moor

Okada Masaki by Tomita Nozomi (Entertainment Station)

I finally finished translating a July 2019 interview of Okada Masaki for the Bracken Moor stage play. The interview is rather long, thus I'm very happy I finished translating it. Enjoy! 日本語の分は英語の後で。 


Okada Masaki’s new theatre frontier “Bracken Moor: the Ghost of the Wasteland”. As his love for the beloved theatre continues, what is his acting path from here on?


3 July 2019 Entertainment Station

Wednesday, 14 August is the Japanese premiere of the suspense drama “Bracken Moor - The Ghost of the Wasteland” (hereafter “Bracken Moor”), written by the British playwright Alexi Kay Campbell, the winner of the Laurence Olivier Award. The play will be performed at the Theater Creation with previews from Friday, 2 August  to Sunday, 4 August 2019. This time, the Japanese version will be directed by Kamimura Satoshi from the Literary Theatre. He is a director who has attracted attention as he won the Best Director Award at the 22nd Yomiuri Drama Award and the 69th Japan Cultural Arts Festival Award.

The spirit of a boy who died in an accident 10 years ago tries to desperately tell a young man something. In the story, the truth of the accident will become clearer. The supporting cast consists of wonderful talents who appear not only on stage but also on TVs and movies, i.e., Kimura Tae and Masuoka Tōru (who portray the parents of the deceased child) as well as Minemura Rie, Aijima Kazuyuki, Tachikawa Mitsutaka and Maeda Aki. Furthermore, Okada Masaki portrays the young Terence who is possessed by the dead boy.

This is an interview that gives a glimpse of Okada’s acting path that he recently takes due to his professed love for theatre.


Interview / Sentence / Takeshita Ryoku 竹下力
Photography / Tomita Nozomi 冨田望
Translated by Icha


(I translated "acting path" from “役者道” which directly translates as "the way of acting" or "yakusha-dō". Yakusha-dō sounds cooler actually, because it reminds me of bushido and other 道 dō. However, in English, "acting path" sounds a bit more natural, like "career path" or something like that.)

With this work, we would like to deliver the feelings straight into the audience’s heart


Q: At the start of this year, you were going to perform “Hamlet” and “Bracken Moor”. I’m very happy to recall that you told us that you loved stage play during the “Hamlet” interview. How do you feel about appearing in these works?

Since my first stage play (Total Eclipse 2014), not only was I impressed by the feelings of live stage plays and the time with the audience, but also the joy of being able to communicate my feelings to the audience while I’m on stage. Although needless to say I also had frustrating experiences, every time I step on the stage, I still received a lot of lessons as an actor. Since there is no end to the joy of stage play, my desire to continuously do stage plays has gradually become stronger. Until now, I have one stage play per year. To date, I have never had 100 plays. Thus, whenever I experience the last day of each play, I always have my regrets (bitter smile). Of course there is a sense of fulfilment. However, on stage there is this difficulty in accurately communicating to the audience what the directors are looking for or what the fellow stage actors have created. That’s why I want to do stage plays every time. This time, it’s a new experience for me to challenge a new play immediately after finishing the previous one. This time, I still remember the feelings and sensations of “Hamlet”. I’m very happy to be able to make use of those sensations for “Bracken Moor” without forgetting them.

(I translated “the last day” in “the last day of each play” from 千穐楽 or senshū-raku, thanks to Wisteria-san’s advice)


Q: You have already read the Bracken Moor script, haven’t you?

At any rate, the script is very interesting. In the first place, I thought it was a horror story, but as I kept reading, I found that it expanded into a completely different direction. This work is a conversational drama, a type of work which – I think – will allow you to enjoy unexpected yet thrilling conversations. Although this is also my first time in Theatre Creation, I feel that it’s a theatre with an easy distance to communicate peculiar conversations to the audience attending the play. I think you will find yourself immersed in the world of “Bracken Moor”. I think this is a work that can mediate the feelings that we actors want to convey to the audience.


Q: How do you classify the theme of this work after reading the script?

It’s a work depicting about human life itself. For instance, I really like the lines from Terence’s father Geoffrey Avery (Aijima Kazuyuki). He said, “Humans have a lot of potentials. If you take a step with courage, you can have a new life.” I’m playing the 22 years old Terence, but when I was in that age, I was also confused about many things. From then on, I mustered my courage and walked to this moment. As I’m closer to being 30 years old, I feel like I can finally grasp something that only I can do. Humans can grow because they are demons of possibilities. There are various ways to achieve things, and human diversity means that everyone is unique. This work is asking us if we can accept such an idea.

Photo by Tomita Nozomi (Entertainment Station)


Q: You will play Terence, whose best friend Edgard Pritchard died 10 years ago. How would you play him?

A: Because the story revolves around Terence being possessed by Edgard’s spirit, I think it’s a story with two roles. When I learned that I was going to portray that role, I’d been thinking of how to switch between Terence and Edgar such that I would like to discuss it with Director Kamimura Satoshi-san. When the practice and production starts, I’d like to receive advice from my co-stars. I’d like to practice with my seniors so that I can challenge the role of Terence.

Being a young student, Terence tends to be upfront because of his youth. Because he wants to communicate his honest feelings and because he is smart, he becomes inquisitive. Terence is the foil for Harold Pritchard portrayed by Masuoka Tōru-san. The conflict between such people becomes this work’s highlight, I think.

(Note: I translated "to practice with my seniors" from “胸を借りる / mune o kariru”. It is an expression that means that the speaker is allowed to practice with a partner of a higher skill, particularly used in sumo. Or it means that the junior is challenging the senior.)



Q: It seems it’s rather difficult to portray a Terence who is possessed by Edgar, isn’t it?

I think the point is how I would portray the spirit of a 12 years old boy. Should I portray the possessed Terence physically or should I just show it through words? From now on, I would like to find it through the practices.


Q: In terms of playing the ever-changing possessed roles, culminating in ‘Hamlet’ and also in ‘Woman in Black’ (2015), because the character of one particular role experienced some changes throughout the play, do you find playing these haunted roles easy?

Now that you mentioned it, I noticed it for the first time. I suppose I like those kind of roles (chuckle). Perhaps because I think humans are multifaceted, I have this strong feeling to do plays that embrace complex emotions. There are many methods to a performer. There’s no role that is exclusively tied to one method, which is very interesting to me. Above all, I love the times I’m doing the plays such that I don’t want to have the curtain calls (laugh). Even when I'm not in a play, I feel I'm always playing some roles. I also think that the role I have this time has also become an important role for me. My stage experience to date has absolutely not been wasted. As an actor, my view has expanded and my way of thinking has deepened. That’s why I think I can play the role of Terence without any reservation.

(thanks to Wisteria-san for the “I feel I'm always playing some roles”!)


Q: What are your impressions of your co-stars?

First of all, it is encouraging because everyone is used to stage plays. Because I have only respect for the veterans, I’d like to steal various histrionic skills from them, I’d like them to teach me things I don’t know. Although I’m the leading actor, I wonder if I should enter the practice hall with the feeling of being pampered (laugh). I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of reactions from my performing a possessed person and what kind of play that we would have in return. Ideas would flow from discussions with my fellow actors that would enhance the audience’s satisfaction in seeing this work.


Q: The presence of Director Kamimura Satoshi is a big factor in your appearance in this work, it seems

Indeed. I had a big surprise when I watched Kimemura-san’s elaborate production “The Flame of Ansandy” (2014, 2017). I have met him several times, but I always have an impression that he is a person with such a nice smile. Basically, because I’d like to work on the director’s request with a precision, I thus like to take Kimemura-san’s directives and the cast’s words properly.

“Hamlet” was directed by the British director Simon Godwin. It was a precious experience to work together with a director whom I respect. However, turned out, word barriers still existed. Yet for this work, no word barrier exists, hence, I would like to fully communicate my opinions. Also, on top of that, although this work is a suspense genre, it’s most definitely not a horror story. It is a story that brings you such a warm feeling. As the lead actor, I’d like to bring you this warmth. I’d like the audience to leave the theatre afterwards with such a feeling.


(Note: I think リスペクトしていた演出家 risupekuto shite ita enshutsu-ka should be interpreted as Masaki having a respect towards Simon. If it’s a general respect towards Simon (as in, “a respected director”), wouldn’t Masaki use the passive form? As in, リスペクトしられて?)

Photo by Tomita Nozomi (Entertainment Station)


Q: Speaking of leading actor, what kind of “Okada the boss” would you like to project?

“Okada the boss”, haha! Anyway, I’d like it to be like a balance between my position (as the leading actor) and the team (the entire cast). One way or the other, there will be moments when tensions will change during the production, when conversations will be minimum, where the story becomes non-trivial, when I also need to pay attention to the cast’s physical conditions. Even during these times, I would still like to readily ask for the support from the entire cast. Of course, what I will put into this play is the same with what I’ve done for “Hamlet” and other works. Thus I plan to pour everything I’ve experienced so far into this work.

(I translated “Okada the boss” from 岡田座長感 “Okada zachō-kan” which somewhat can be translated to “Okada the boss” - 座長 being the leader of a theatre troupe)


Q: Speaking of “Hamlet”, in the previous interview you said that “the work is the accomplishment of my 20s”. Is the feeling still the same?

My honest impression is that I did ‘Hamlet’ well. I was able to cram all my experiences to date for that. However, perhaps because I used up an unprecedented amount of energy, I felt very exhausted afterwards. However, I learned the art of building a new play.


Q: It was exhausting, wasn’t it? I actually saw the performance and I was deeply moved. 

Thank you. Actually, it hasn’t even been four days since the last day of the performance (the interview date was on 15 June), thus I haven’t been able to pull myself out of the role (chuckle). It is the hardest stage play I’ve done so far, perhaps it is one that can only be experienced at the age of 29.  Because that stage play was shown through conversations, if the gear shifts even slightly, the audience will not be able to understand anything. There are also moments when the work could not only be expressed merely through my emotions. Because it took the whole ensemble to restore it, it was a stage play that was made possible with the help of everyone. By fostering the openness and receptivity to accept other people’s various opinions, I think I was able to deliver this utmost important piece of work before I turn 30. Above all, I still have a lot more to come, for I noticed the limitless possibilities of being on stage.

(I translated “openness and receptivity” in the second last sentence from 人間力 or ningen ryoku, of which direct translation is “human power”. It is difficult to find an English equivalent to ningen ryoku, but I would like to thank Wisteria-san and Benio-san for their advice.)


Q: You ’ll be 30 years old during the performance of “Bracken Moor”. What would you like to do in your 30s?

I want to concentrate on a single piece of work one at a time, without being in a hurry. I truly received a lot of works in my 20s, including many opportunities to play aggressive roles on stage. In my 30s, I would like to face my roles and any productions slowly and thoughtfully. I would like to have various useful knowledge and experience I do not yet have thus far. However, there are things that remains the same. I am most happy when I am able to share with the audience the excitement that I have when reading a script. Even if each feeling is different, if I can completely share the feelings, from the bottom of my heart I can feel that it is good to do that play.

(I translated “completely” from “100のうちにイチ”)


More than wanting to play a particular role, I want to find enduring works that the audience would remember


Q: In such a situation, as you enter your 30s, is there any role you’d like to try in, but not limited to, stage plays, movies or dramas?

Because I have played many good characters… of course from now on I still want to play kind-hearted young men (laugh). However, playing the bad guy in “Villain” (2010) was also fun. Now, playing an unprecedented role in the Asadora drama “Natsuzora” is also fun. The deranged role like Hamlet is also entertaining.  Turns out, there is no end in the joy of playing any role (laugh).  There are many things to learn during those times. Whenever I start a new production work, a completely different emotion that is born inside of me is refreshing. Nevertheless, there is something I want to hold onto. More than wanting to play a particular role, I want to find enduring works that the audience would remember. Thus, in this stage play, I also truly want this work to be a memorable piece for the audience.


Q: It appears that you have indeed participated in many works. What motivates you to be an actor?

Thankfully, while I find roles that I want to portray through available supports around me, challenging such works has been my motivation as an actor. I want to play any roles if I am granted opportunities. Although perhaps my stage experience is still limited, little by little I’d like to step up as an actor so that stage lovers also know more about me.


A production that can only be appreciated through a stage-born energy 



Q: Well then, what is your ideal actor?

Simply put, one who says the lines steadily (chuckle)

Q: Haha! Then, please gives us the highlights of the play (Bracken Moor).

If we limit it to just my role as Terence, because his lines and conducts have subtle differences depending on the scene on stage and because both the normal Terence and the possessed Terence only enter from the stage wings, I must transform the atmosphere of the theatre hall. Thus, please come to the theatre hall because we will create a production that can only be appreciated through a stage-born energy.


Hair and make-up: 三宅茜
Stylist: 大右裕介


撮影 / 冨田望 (Entertainment Station)


岡田将生が舞台『ブラッケン・ムーア~荒地の亡霊~』で見せる芝居の新境地。これからもこよなく舞台を愛し続ける彼の“役者道”とは


2019.07.03 Entertainment Station

ローレンス・オリヴィエ賞を受賞したイギリスの劇作家アレクシ・ケイ・キャンベルが贈るサスペンスドラマの日本初演版、舞台『ブラッケン・ムーア~荒地の亡霊~』(以下、『ブラッケン・ムーア』)が、8月14日(水)よりシアタークリエにて上演される(8月2日(金)~4日(日)はプレビュー公演)。

今回、日本版の演出を手がけるのは、文学座出身の上村聡史。第22回読売演劇大賞最優秀演出家賞や第69回文化庁芸術祭賞大賞などを受賞し注目を集めている演出家だ。10年前に事故で死んだ少年の亡霊がある青年にとり憑き、何かを必死に伝えようとする。そして事故の真相が明らかになっていくという物語において、キャスト陣も豪華実力派が揃う。亡くなった子供の父母を木村多江と益岡 徹、さらに峯村リエ、相島一之、立川三貴、前田亜季と、舞台に限らずテレビ・映画などで活躍する役者たちが出演。

そして、少年の亡霊にとり憑かれる青年・テレンスを岡田将生が演じる。舞台が好きと公言する彼が新たに歩む“役者道”が垣間見えるインタビュー。

取材・文 / 竹下力 撮影 / 冨田望



お客様に僕たちの伝えたい気持ちがストレートに届く作品


—今年に入って、『ハムレット 』、『ブラッケン・ムーア』と立て続けに舞台に出演されます。『ハムレット 』のインタビューのときに「舞台が好きだ」とおっしゃっていたのが脳裏に甦ってとても嬉しいです。今作に出演する気持ちはいかがですか。

初舞台の『皆既食〜Total Eclipse』(14)のときから、舞台のライブ感やお客様と共にしている時間に感動するだけではなくて、僕のお芝居でお客様に気持ちを伝えられたことへの喜び、あるいは伝えられずに悔しかった経験を含め、舞台を踏むたびに役者として多くのことを勉強させてもらっています。舞台の面白さには底がないから、舞台を続けたい気持ちがどんどん強くなってきて、これまで一年に一本ペースで出演してきました。これまで僕の中で100点のお芝居ができたことは一度もなくて、千穐楽を迎えたときにいつもどこが後悔している自分がいて(苦笑)。もちろん、充実感はありますが、演出家が求めていることやキャストみんなでつくり上げたものを正確にお客様に伝えるのは難しいことだとどの舞台でも感じています。だからこそ、そのたびに、また板の上に立ちたくなるんでしょうね。今回、間髪入れずに新しい舞台に挑むのは初めての経験で、まだ『ハムレット 』のときの感覚や気持ちを覚えているので、それを忘れないうちに『ブラッケン・ムーア』に活かすことができるので嬉しいです。


— すでに脚本を読まれたそうですね。

とにかく脚本が面白くて。最初はホラーかなと思うんですが、読み進めていくうちにまったく違う展開を見せていく。今作は会話劇だと思っているので、予想もしないスリリングな会話を楽しんでいただく作品になると思います。劇場のシアタークリエは初めてですが、お客様に会話の妙を伝えるやすい距離感の劇場だと感じていました、『ブラッケン・ムーア』の世界観にどっぷり浸ってもらえると思います。お客様に僕たちの伝えたい気持ちがストレートに届く作品だと思っています。



— 脚本を読まれて今作のテーマはどのようなものだと感じましたか。

人間の生き方そのものを描いている作品です。たとえば、テレンスの父親であるジェフリー・エイベリー(相島一之)の台詞でとても好きな台詞があって。“人間には多くの可能性があって、勇気を持って一歩を踏み出せば、新しい人生に出会える”と言っているんです。僕が演じるテレンス・エイベリーは22歳で、僕の実年齢のときと同じように、いろいろなことに迷って戸惑っている。僕はそこから勇気を振り絞って歩んできたおかげで、30歳に近づくにつれて、やっと少しずつ僕自身にしかない何かを掴めそうな気がしています。人間は可能性の鬼だから成長できるし、物事の捉え方には様々あって、ひとりとして同じ人はいないという人間の多様性を、僕らが受け入れられるかどうか問いかけている作品だと思います。





岡田さんに10年前に事故死したエドガー・フリチャードの親友であるテレンスを演じますが、どのように演じていますか。

亡くなったエドガーの幽霊がテレンスに憑依するというストーリーなので、ある意味、二役だと思っていて。役を演じ分けるときに、頭の切り替えをしたらいいのかどうか、演出の上村聡史さんとディスカッションをして決めていきたいですし、稽古や本番が始まれば僕のお芝居を共演者の方々が受け止めてくださると思うので、胸を借りるつもりでテレンスに挑戦しようと思っています。テレンスは若い学生で、若さゆえに饒舌になってしまう傾向がありますが、シンプルに思っている気持ちを伝えたいからで、頭が良くて、探究心がある人物です。益岡徹さんが演じるハロルド・プリチャードとはどちらかというと正反対 の性格ですね。今作はそういった人物同士の対立関係見どころだと思います。


エドガーの幽霊に取り憑かれるお芝居もなかなか難しいですね。
僕がどうやって12歳の子供を憑依させていくのかポイントだと思います。幽霊にとり憑かれて狂ったお芝居をすればいいのか、言葉だけ操られているように見せるのか、これからの稽古で見つけていきたいと思います。



—何かに憑依されてお芝居が変わるという点では、『ハムレット 』にも通じるところがありますし、『ウーマン・イン・ブラック(黒い服の女)』(15)も、演じながら役の性格を変えていらっしゃったので、そういった憑依型のタイプの役は岡田さんにとって演じやすいのでしょうか。


おっしゃっていただいて初めて気づいたのですが、僕はそういう役が好きなんだと思います(笑)。人間は多面性があると思っているので、複雑な感情を抱くお芝居をしたい気持ちが強いのかも。演じ方には、多くの方法があって、ひとつに縛られない役づくりがとても面白い思っています。なにより、僕はカーテンコールになっても素に戻りたくないと思うほど、お芝居をしている時間が好きで(笑)。実際は演じていないですが、普段から演じている自分がいると思ってしまうくらい。今回の役も僕にとって大切な役になると思います。それまでの舞台の経験に絶対に無駄ではなくて、役者として物事の視界も広がっているし、考え方も深くなました。だからこそ今、心置きなくテレンスを演じることができると思います。


撮影 / 冨田望 (Entertainment Station)


——共演者の方々への印象はいかがですか。

まず、みなさん舞台慣れされているので心強いです。尊敬する先輩方ばかりなので、いろいろなお芝居の技術を盗めるところは盗みつつ、わからないことがあれば教えていただきたいです。僕が座長ではあるのですが、みなさんに甘えるぐらいの気持ちで稽古場に入ろうかなと(笑)。僕が幽霊に取り憑かれたお芝居にどういう反応をされて、どんなお芝居で返していただけるか楽しみですし、みなさんと話し合って、アイデアを出し合いながらお客様に満足していただける作品につくり上げていただいです。



本作に出演するきっかけとして、演出の上村聡史さんの存在が大きいそうですね。

そうですね。上村さんの手がけた『炎 アンサンディ』(14、17)の緻密な演出に大きなジョックを受けて。すでに何度かお会いしているのですが、笑顔が素敵な方という印象があります。基本的に僕は演出家の求めていることに対 してきっちり取り組みたいほうなので、上村さんに言われることやキャストの言葉をきちんと受け止めようと思います。『ハムレット 』の演出はイギリスのサイモン・ゴドウィンさんで、リスペクトしていた演出家とご一緒できたことは貴重な経験になりましたが、やはり言葉の壁があって。今作には言葉の壁はないので、僕の意見をしっかりと伝えたいと思っています。それ以上に、今作はサスペンスものではありますが、決して怖い話ではなく、気持ちが温かく鳴るストーリーだと思っているので、座長として座組みを温かくしたいですし、お客様にもそんな気持ちになって劇場を後にしてもらいたいので、人間が持つ根原的な温かさを上村さんと届けたいです。


——座長のお話も出ましたが、どのような “岡田座長感”を出したいですか?

“岡田座長感”って(笑)。とにかく座組みの調和が取るように。どうしても本番になるとテンションも変わるし、会話が少なくなる瞬間があるので、たわいもないお話をしながらみなさんの体調も探りつつ、「今日もよろしくお願いしなす」と気軽に言い合えるカンパニーにしたいです。もちろんお芝居で引っ張っていくのは『ハムレット 』とも他の作品とも共通していることなので、これまで経験させていただいたことを今作にすべて注ぎ込むつもりです。


——『ハムレット 』の話をさせていただくと、前回のインタビューで「今作が20代の集人成だ」とおっしゃっていて。あれから気持ちは何か変わりましたか?


やりきったというのが正直な感想です。今まで経験してきたものをすべて詰め込む
ことができました。ただ、今までにないエネルギーを使ったからか、終わったあとは脱力感がすさまじくて。でも、新しいお芝居を構築していく術を学びました。



——それほど消耗されていたんですね。実際に舞台を拝見しましたが感動しました。

ありがとうございます。実はまだ千穐楽を迎えてから4日しか経っていないので(取材日が6月15日)、役が抜けきれなくて(笑)。今まで以上に大変な舞台で、もしかしたら29歳という年齢でしか経験できないことかもしれません。舞台は会話で見せていくのだから、少しでも歯車がズレしまうと、お客様には何も伝わらなくて、僕の感情だけで表現したお芝居では作品が壊れてしまいそうな瞬間が何度もありました。それをカンパニー全員が引き戻してくれたので、みんなの力で出来上がった舞台になりました。いろいろな意見を受け止める “人間力” も養えたし、30歳になる前に大切なお仕事ができたと思っています。なにより、僕にはまだまだやるべきことがあるし、舞台には無限の可能性があることに気づかされました。


『ブラッケン・ムーア』の公演中に30歳を迎えますね。どんな30代にしたいですか。

焦らず、ひとつの作品に集中していきたいです。20代は本当にたくさんのお仕事をさせていただいて、舞台においては、攻めた役を演じる機会が多いのですが、30代はゆっくりと役と、じっくりと作品と向き合って、それまでの僕にはなかった引き出しを持てるようにしたいです。それでも変わらないことがあって、僕は脚本を読んだときの感動をお客様と分かち合えたときが一番嬉しいんです。感じ方はそれぞれ違ったとしても、100のうちにイチでも共有できると、お芝居をしていて良かったと心の底から思うことができます。


自分の演じたい役よりもみなさんの記憶に残る作品に巡り会いたい


——そんななかで、30代に入るからこそ、舞台や映画やドラマに限らず演じてみたい役はありますか。

性格の良い人はたくさん演じてきたので……もちろん、これからも心優しい青年も演じたいですよ(笑)。でも、映画 『悪人』(10)で演じた役も楽しかったし、今、朝ドラの『なつぞら』に出演していますが、破天荒な役を演じることも楽しいですし、ハムレット のような狂おしい役も楽しい。やっぱりどんな役でも演じることに楽しさは尽きなくて(笑)。その時々で勉強することはたくさんありますが、新しい作品のお芝居が始まると自分の中にまったく違う感情が生まれることが新鮮です。それでもこだわっていきたいのは、僕は自分の演じたい役よりも、みなさんの記憶に残る作品に巡り会いたいので、この舞台もお客様の記憶に残る作品にしたいという気持ちのほうが大きいです。



本当にたくさんの作品に出演されている印象があります。岡田さんの役者をするうえでモチベーションになるものはありますか。

ありがたいことに、周りに支えてもらいながら僕が演じたい役に巡り会えて、そんな作品に挑戦することが、役者としてのモチベーションになっています。僕は機会を与えてもらえるのであれば、どんな役でも演じてみたい。舞台の経験はまだ少ないかもしれませんが、舞台好きな方にも私のことを知ってもらえるように、ひとつひとつ役者としてまだまだステップアップしていきたいです。


舞台でしか生まれたいエネルギーを味わえる作品を


——では、岡田さんの考える理想の役者とは?
ひと言で言えば、台詞をしっかり言う人かな(笑)。

——(笑)。それでは、見どころをお願いいたします。

僕が演じるテレンスに限っていえば、台詞も所作も、シーンによって微妙に異なる舞台だと思うので、普段のテレンスとしても、幽霊が依代したテレンスとしても、舞台の袖から出てくるだけで劇場の空気を変えたいですし、そうならないといけないと思っています。舞台でしか生まれないエネルギーを味わえる作品をこれからみんなでつくっていきますので、ぜひ劇場にいらしてください。

ヘアマイク:三宅茜
スタオリスト:大右裕介



Popular posts in the last 30 days

Taira no Kiyomori ep 41: Yoritomo started to trust Masako

Review of Yoshikawa Eiji ‘s ‘Minamoto no Yoritomo’, Book One

'Haru comes down from the second floor' (Gravity’s Clowns commentary)